Sunday, June 2, 2013

Finance applications

For whatever reason, I find myself constantly thinking of making software to assist with budgeting and managing your personal finances. For some reason I feel a strong pull in that direction. Now that I've got a bit of Data Mining under my belt after studying with Xindong Wu I think it's time I applied it. Association analysis is a beautiful thing.

Also, when I first created budget buddy, it was more of an online checkbook. I've started a new project that I plan on making a far more in depth tool. I'm envisioning a php front end with the heavy lifting done by C if necessary  Why C and not something like ruby or java? Well, it might just be my general desire to create from scratch, but I really love the feel of working with C or C++. Hell, I'd love to play with Assembly if possible with this project, but that probably won't happen. Maybe some OCaml though or ML. I could use the Google App Engine and Python to create an application, but for whatever reason I've been digging on Javascript recently, and I don't mean jQuery, I mean pure Javascript, in fact I've made a couple tutorials to keep myself busy and as an exercise in explanations.

As I create the application I plan on posting here a bit with details, and as always the code will probably make it's way up onto github. More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment