Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Practical Project

For an internship/subcontracting job I'm doing right now, I have to do a lot of xml. Most of it is the same, and only 4 or so things change for each item I work with. Copying and pasting everything is rather a bore, and clicking and highlighting what I have to change is also tedious, so I had a thought.

Why not automate most of it and put some of my skills to work?

The answer? HECK YEAH NEW PROJECT

Its simple and I imagine I can get done with it in a day or soon depending on how my other work keeps me. (Website work and actual support myself work)

I'm doing it in C# since the file capabilities are really superb in that language, not too mention using visual study means that I'll have an interface up really fast.

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment