Thursday, August 11, 2011

Budgeter

Hello Everyone!

I've decided on a project to do before I have to go back to school. I'm making a program that is effectively a smart checkbook. Only, right now I'm not making it to keep track of finances, but to budget them effectively.

Basically, When I get my checks from work, I open notepad and a calculator, enter my check amount into it, then slowly subtract out items as I enter them into the notepad document. So, basically I'm wrapping my setup into a program, and it seems like it's a good idea, mainly because 4 of my friends have taken an interest and have already asked to test my program once it's done. (As done as any program can get, aka release version that gets patches)

Right now I'm fighting between the urge to continue working on it, and the urge to go to bed, it is midnight, and I do have to get up at 7 tomorrow.... but when the mood takes one to code, you do not simply ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment