Sunday, May 8, 2011

Cluster Basic Complete

Like I said in my last post, I don't think is going to be a large project at all, but I hope I'm wrong.

So far, it has been as I predicted, the coding took me about 2-3 hours or so of actual coding and testing. I spent more time drinking water and talking to a friend online while I did the code then I actually coded, but it is done.

Cluster Basic is, well, basic. It avoids no obstacles, has no graph/grid structure it needs to index into because it has no obstacles, and it's easy enough to understand. The corner state of the box is there to be used, but isn't really used by the Cluster code. Because the Cluster doesn't actually care too much about where it's putting the members at. Because to it, the members are just a number stored in population that it checks against to make sure it has enough force to push with. You do need 2 members to push the box at all, even if 1 could do it by himself by force alone, in order to push in a horizontal or vertical line you require two members.

I'm going to type up a draft of a paper to accompany this project, and get it to the point where it adequately describes Cluster Basic, and put down all my ideas before I start working on Cluster with Obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment