Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Budget Buddy in php

https://github.com/EJEHardenberg/BudgetBuddy


Well I've tried to do this project a few times already, and most of the time the method of storing the data was the primary inconvenience in java and c#. But with php I can use mysql to easily store anything and everything.

So I'm modeling it like an app, and this is what I have so far. A clean interface, and a sign up and login page that are working. Well, I'm currently working on making the log-in secure but besides that its all good. This has been my baby for the last 2 days. And after some CSS magic and stack overflow results I fixed an error that had stuck me and I can keep working.

Word for the wise, do NOT store hash's into a binary type sql field. Binary types mess with strings and can cause string comparisons to result in errors, I learned this the hard way over the past few days until I stumbled onto a small comment on a stack overflow page about hashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment